RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Sactown social Bikes, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and all other entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereafter collectively referred to as ” Sactown Social Bikes”) I hereby agree to release and discharge Sactown Social Bikes, on behalf of myself , my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that the activities involved in the use of any Sactown Social Bike service, both riding and pedaling, and non-pedaling related, entail significant risk, both known and unknown, which could result in physical and/or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or third parties.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity, both known and unknown, whether caused or alleged to be caused by the negligent acts or omissions of Sactown Social Bikes or its operators. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sactown Social Bikes from and its employees, any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Sactown Social Bikes equipment and facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts of omissions of Sactown Social Bikes.
- Should Sactown Social Bikes or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees at cost to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to are the cost of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the cost of all the risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- I agree that the validity and enforceability of this Release of Liability and assumption of Risk will be governed by the substantive laws of California, including all Recreation Safety Acts, statues and codes, without regard to its conflict of law rules.
- I agree to abide by any and all of the rules set forth by the owners and operators of Sactown Social Bikes.
- The Booking Individual hereby agrees to pay the advertised Tour Fee, either at the time of booking.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against The Ultimate Dream, Inc, dba Sactown Social Bikes, on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT, I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
* Participants are always offered a helmet, please let your driver know if you would like to wear one.
Sactown Social Bikes – Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
I understand the rules of ridership for the Sactown Social Bikes, and understand that our tour will be terminated immediately, without refund, if there is a violation of any of these rules. These rules include, but are not limited to:
- NO alcoholic beverages may leave the bike at any time, alcohol may not be handed off the bike.
- NO alcoholic beverages other than beer and wine are allowed on the Sactown Social Bikes.
- NO rider may leave the bike in motion, and no way jump on the bike in motion.
- NO disrespect to the community of Sacramento, including littering, foul language, etc.
- NO abuse of the bike, the Booking individual will be billed and charged for damages incurred.
- NO glass containers allowed on the bike, including wine bottles and bottled beer.
- NO alcohol is allowed on bike if any single rider is under 21 years of age.
- NO hanging off the bike, or reaching off the bike, for obvious safety reasons.
- A MAXIMUM of no more than 36 ounces of beer or 18 ounces of wine are allowed per person.
- NO HARD ALCOHOL ALLOWED Passengers must provide their own alcoholic beverages in sealed containers which cannot be opened until they are on the bike.
All State, City and County laws pertaining to alcoholic consumption apply. Personal contact information for the booking individual will be shared with the local Police Department if any infractions occur during your tour. We are obligated to the City of Sacramento, and the Sacramento Police Department, to contact them immediately to advise of your location in the event your tour is terminated. Please be respectful of our fun and unique business.